The Atilus team is proud to announce the newly designed website for the Ace Miller Memorial Boxing Tournament in Knoxville, TN! The Ace Miller Memorial Boxing Tournament is a philanthropic boxing event that happens every spring at the University of Tennessee.
My College Road Trip calls Boxing Weekend “the biggest part weekend in the South” and it features 55 boxers from 11 different weight classes over the course of a weekend. Proceeds from Boxing Weekend benefit Golden Gloves Charities.
When we first met with Rick and Charlie of Boxing Weekend, they had a website for the event, but the event itself was quickly outgrowing the capacity of the previous website. In addition, Rick and Charlie expressed that most of their traffic comes from mobile devices, which the previous website didn’t accommodate for.
There were also issues with the overall site architecture, which made it difficult for their target markets to find what they were looking for.
In learning about their goals as an organization, the problems they were facing, and their design preferences overall, we came up with the following solutions.
- Reconfigured site architecture – easy-to-use navigation and sitemap
- Custom web design – reflection of their “biggest party in the South” brand as well as focus on the charity aspect
- Content management system (Orchard CMS) – making it easy for Rick and Charlie to update if needed
- E-Commerce integration – we integrated 3rd party software to promote their ticket/merchandise sales
- Content writing – to address the key questions attendees, boxers, and donors would have
- Post-launch SEO steps – to make sure the site is setup for optimum search engine performance