When it comes to building a website, it seems like almost anyone can make their own these days with online website building tools like WIX. But what some people don’t understand is that not only having an attractive website is a must, but how your website functions and works as a tool for your business is what really matters.
Here are some of the most important factors that will make your website do what it is supposed to do, Grow Your Business Online.
- Content – The content is the meat of your website. People come to your website looking for an answer to something. Make it as easy as possible for users to find that information. Well written content will keep your user engaged on your website as well as helping organic traffic find that content in search results.
- Design – The design of your website should not only look attractive, but also function in a way that represents your Goals of the site. What do you want people to do on your site? Create a design that lends to that end user goal, and make it as easy as possible to navigate through your website to reach that goal.
- Functionality – The site should function smoothly, or will cause frustration from your end user and cause them to leave your website. Things to consider are load time of you website and making sure links aren’t broken or missing pages
- Usability – This goes back to the design. If you do not create a good User Experience for your website, people will get frustrated and leave. Having a good user flow will keep your viewers engaged in your content and lead them to your end Goal in mind. Having a responsive design will help increase a good user experience and is a must now-a-days considering everyone is using a smart phone to shop or browse the web.
- Optimization – If your site is well optimized it will help increase your chances of a user converting or coming back to your website. Things to consider optimizing would be images. Keeping your images optimized for web will increase overall speed of your website and making it easy for a user to navigate through the content without getting frustrated.
If you're like most business owners, you're always looking for ways to improve your website and grow your business. But you may not want to invest in a complete website...Read More How to Redesign Your Website Without Negatively Impacting SEO
Once you’ve decided to move forward with creating a website, it’s time to make the choice between a custom or template site. We previously wrote about the differences between the...Read More Custom Website vs. WordPress Templates: Part II
2021 is upon us and a new year often brings about the idea that it's time for a fresh start. And given the emphasis that has been placed on virtual...Read More Tips for Vetting & Hiring a Good Florida Web Design Company