In its infancy, Facebook was used to connect college students to one another. I remember when you used to have a school-affiliated email address to join!
But now, Facebook is known as the sometimes-controversial tool that helps disseminate information all over the world between billions of people. And in addition to that, it’s become a revenue-generating behemoth through its ad platform.
Facebook’s Advertising platform is powerful and helps companies of all sizes connect to potential customers. Whether you’re a clothing brand, a local electrician, or a gym, Facebook (and social media in general) gives you an accessible advertising platform.
Here, I’ll provide some insight on why Facebook Ads are so important and how you can leverage them as a business.
Hyper Targeted Audiences
There’s a saying that goes something like “if what you’re using is free, you are the product.” In Facebook’s case, as users spend more time and add more of their information to Facebook, it gives their platform leverage to sell your information to advertisers. (And you’re giving them permission to do so as you use Facebook and have agreed to their terms & conditions.)
Using Facebook’s audiences, you have various ways you can target both new and existing customers through ad campaigns.
- Saved Audiences – a saved audience is one that you create of potential new customers based on demographic data. For example, if you are a gym/wellness club targeting new moms, you’d be able to use Facebook’s targeting to target that specific person. You’re able to narrow it down by age, zip code, and parental status, giving advertisers a lot of insight into who they’re reaching with their ads.
- Custom Audiences – this is one of my favorite features of Facebook’s ads. If you have a customer list, you can upload this list to Facebook and retarget customers. If your customer provides you an email that they’ve also associated with their Facebook account, they will see your ads.
- Lookalike Audiences – this is another favorite feature of mine. Using Facebook, you’re able to upload a custom audience list and then create a lookalike audience. A lookalike audience is one that Facebook creates for you based on the list you uploaded. It finds and collects users that have similar profiles. The one downfall of this is that it doesn’t give you a full explanation of who they’re targeting.
Organic Post Visibility
In 2021, companies are spending significant amounts of time on creating the perfect social media strategy. But did you know your organic posts are probably not being seen by most of your audience?
Over the years, Facebook’s gone out of their way to ensure that ads are prioritized in a user’s feed. Love it or hate it, it seems it is here to stay. This isn’t to say that you need to stop posting on your Facebook entirely, but do understand that the time you are spending here may be better suited by running a targeted ad campaign.
Facebook’s advertising platform runs both Facebook and Instagram ads. They also provide a ton of key data that will be important for any marketing manager or director.
Facebook’s insights give you information like:
- Target demographics – who’s engaging with your ads, who’s converting
- Which ads are performing better
- Overall campaign success
All in all, Facebook Ads should be a key consideration in any digital marketing strategy and what I reviewed above is just the tip of the iceberg.
Hire a Florida Facebook Advertising Agency
Need help with managing your Facebook? We’re a digital agency in Fort Myers that specializes in all aspects of digital marketing.
- Social media marketing
- Facebook Advertising
- Content marketing
- & more!
Contact us today by phone at (239) 362-1271 or through the contact form on our website.